Summertime brings great opportunities for children to spend healthy time outdoors being active and having fun, but there are also certain environmental health risks that are increased during the summer months. May 23-29, 2021 is Health and Safe Swimming Week. The Task Force has a number of resources for parents and others to help ensure that children stay safe while spending additional time in swimming pools and other bodies of water during the summer months. Similarly, warmer weather provides more time for children to be outdoors, but extreme heat can pose a serious risk to children while playing, particularly children athletes. National Heat Safety Awareness Day is May 31, 2021. The Task Force website provides resources aimed at protecting children’s health from extreme heat.
- Climate Change and Children’s Health Policy Roundup
- Heat Illness Prevention School Project Toolkit
- Facts about Crypto and Swimming Pools (308KB) (308KB)
- Facts about Giardia and Swimming Pools (289KB) (289KB)
- Nurses for Cool and Healthy Homes (1MB) (1MB)
- Ready Wrigley Prepares for Extreme Heat (2MB) (2MB)